Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art


Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the fabulous people over at TheBroke and The Bookish.  Each week they offer up a topic, and everyone is welcome to join.  So here is mine for this week- Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art.

I haven’t done a Top Ten Tuesday in forever, but I knew I couldn’t pass this one up. I adore book covers.  I will shamelessly buy a book simply because I love its cover.  I’m kind of judgy when a book doesn’t have a great cover.  I’ve dreamed of a bookroom that has one wall that is nothing but book covers. I warn you, I am a sucker for covers with people on them.  Especially girls looking off sadly/awkwardly in the distance.


 
1.   

 Fallen by Lauren Kate.  A few years ago, I literally couldn’t stop staring at this cover.  It
was really the beginning of my cover art addiction.  I don’t know what it was about it, I think something about her holding her face in her hands, but I was obsessed.










 
 
 
  
2.    The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan.  I was tempted to put every book in this sequence on my list. I adore every cover, but The Dead-Tossed Waves is definitely my favorite.  Aside from loving the title, the look of the girl lying in the water really gets me.  I really like it, too, because it is one of those books that makes you appreciate the cover more after you read it.  I could stare at it for days and think of all the things I love about this book.  Fantastic cover.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3.    Through to You

by Emily Hainsworth.  I liked this book more than most people, I think,
but the cover is really the shining star.  I like how the title takes up most of the page, and the reflection of the girl in the lake.  Since this book is about parallel universes, I think it is really fitting.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
   4.    The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.  I could just stare for days and days.  No words for how much I love this cover.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5.    How to Save a Life

by Sara Zarr.  Gosh, what a great book.  The cover is understated but after reading the book, it all makes sense.





 
 
 
 
 
   6.    A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness.  Illustrated by Jim Kay.  Every illustration in this book could be framed.  I just wouldn’t hang it up in a nursery or anything—it’s seriously dark.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
7.    Anna Dressed in Blood

by Kendare Blake.  I do not read scary things.  I am opposed to all
things scary—haunted houses, scary movies, being alone by myself after dark.  I ate this book up, though.  I would never have picked it up if I didn’t love the cover, and the title, so much.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   8.    Where She Went by Gayle Forman.  On its own merit, I think the cover is okay.  After being through the emotional turmoil of reading If I Stay, though, this cover takes on so much more meaning.







 

 
 
9.    Juliet Immortal

by Stacey Jay.  I mean, look at it.  Is there any way in this world that you
cannot love it?  I think it is seriously impossible.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   10. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson.  I did not like this book at all, but I actually bought a discount copy after I read the book because of the cover.  Yes, I am fully aware of how superficial that makes me.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful covers - great choice! I especially love the covers of Through to You and The Name of the Star.
    PS I have also bought books solely based on the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete