Monday, March 24, 2014

Top 10 Things on my Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by the fabulous people over at TheBroke and The Bookish.  Each week they offer up a topic, and everyone is welcome to join.  So here is mine for this week—Top 10 Things on my Bookish Bucket List.  I've been slacking the past few weeks, so I need to hold myself to doing this every Tuesday!
 

1.    Read the books that win the Newbery Award and the Printz Award before they are announced!  I would love to know that I had read these two books before the committee selects them.  I think it would make me feel very up to date on my reading!

I will find you...
...and I will read you!



 
 
 
 
 
 







2.    Finish all of the series/trilogies that have been sitting on my shelf.  I still haven’t read the final installment to Cinder, Shatter Me, or Under the Never Sky.  The end to these series are just sitting on my shelf, staring at me.  And these are only the ones that I can immediately name—I’m sure there are so many more that I need to read!

3.    Read 117 books in one year.  My best year was reading 116 books, and I want to top that!

 
4.    Read Stephen King books like Under the Dome and 11/22/63.  They’re just so stinking long, and I know that I won’t have time for a very long time!


Why do you have so many pages?  Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?
5.    Visit the New York City Public Library.  I hear it is a must-see for every reader!

6.    Read the books that people have loaned me.  I am really bad in that a lot of people have loaned me books that I just haven’t gotten to read yet.  I want to, but there are so many other books that are always calling to me.

7.    Join a book club.  I’ve never actually been a part of one, and I think it would definitely be my kind of thing.

8.    Finish reading City of Lost Souls.  I started reading it in September, and I’m still only halfway through it.  I never do that with a book!
 

Calm down Clary, I'll get to you when I can.
9.    Actually write a story.  I have tons of word files and pages in my writer’s notebook where I have story ideas that I start.  Some of the pages and ideas I love and think are great, others I know are completely worthless.  I would like to somehow sit down and merge all of my thoughts into a coherent story that people other than my mother will read.

10.  Write a letter to a writer and receive one in return.  It would just be great to have something like that.  To know that someone you love and look up to has taken the time to write you back—that can’t be beat!



5 comments:

  1. 11/22/63 is SO good. So is under the dome but I LOVED 11/22/63. His books are so long but that's a good thing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goals! I need to finish series too - I am really bad at it. And 11/22/63 looks so good - i need to read it. I have read Under the Dome - awesome book!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Under the Done too!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tackling series is on my list as well! Hope you find a great book club! I finally started my own (sort of) because I love talking books with awesome people. Loved your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to visit the NY Public Library. My sister LIVES in NYC and doesn't go there regularly, which baffles me. I love that this was a Top Ten Tuesday - I hope you come by and link it up to the Original Bookish Bucket List, too!

    ReplyDelete